Following up on last week’s post with desert lizardfolk, here is another reptilian race option for Fantasy AGE. This version of lizardfolk is closer to the lizardfolk presented by Dungeons & Dragons. They are primitive swamp-dwelling humanoids with features inspired by monitor lizards and crocodilians.
Mujakar are green-scaled lizardfolk with a reputation of being fierce warriors and talented hunters. The average mujakar is slightly taller than a human with a muscular build. Their bodies are covered in scales that can range from pale to deep green. Mujakar have large jaws filled with sharp teeth and long tails that help make them strong swimmers.
Tribes of mujakar are most often found in marshlands, swamps, and along rivers. These environs give them easy access to water and prove to be good hunting grounds. Tribes often number a few dozen adults and are traditionally led by a single chief. Mujakar communities tend to be somewhat reclusive and limit their contact with other races.
Female Names: Arka, Ezka, Jakra, Kiri, Makarri, Rakara
Male Names: Brak, Dunik, Jumar, Krotar, Rakar, Surak
Tribe Names: Mujakar adopt the names of their home territories as their tribal names.
Playing a Mujakar
If you choose to play a mujakar, modify your character as follows:
- Add 1 to your Strength ability.
- Pick one of the following ability focuses: Constitution (Swimming) or Strength (Might).
- You have a powerful bite that can be used in combat. It deals 1d6+1 damage. You are trained in your bite attack.
- Your speed is equal to 10 + Dexterity (minus armor penalty if applicable).
- You can speak and read Mujakan and the Common Tongue.
- Roll twice on the Mujakar Benefits table for additional benefits. Roll 2d6 and add the dice together. If you get the same result twice, re-roll until you get something different.
2: +1 Willpower
3-4: Focus: Strength (Intimidation)
5: Focus: Accuracy (Bite)
6: Focus: Perception (Tracking)
7-8: +1 Fighting
9: Focus: Intelligence (Natural Lore)
10-11: Focus: Constitution (Stamina)
12: +1 Constitution