A few months ago, I brainstormed a bit about using my Sword of Terra mechanics for naval battles in the Star Wars universe. I shared some general ideas and intended to quickly follow-up with actual statistics for ships, but then got busy with other things. Luckily, I’ve found some time in the past week to do some work and have a few ships ready to share.
Imperial Star Destroyer
The Imperial-class Star Destroyer is a mainstay of the Imperial Navy. Each is capable of challenging nearly any other starship in the galaxy and serves as a projection of the Empire’s military might. In addition to their formidable firepower, Imperial star destroyers carry a large number of both starfighters and stormtroopers.
Imperial Star Destroyer
Target Number 5
Shield Points 2/2/1
Shield Rating 20
Thrust 3 (5)
Hyperdrive ×2, ×8 backup
- 5 Heavy Turbolaser Batteries (1 FX, 2 SX, 2 PX – 25″ range, -1 accuracy, 15 power)
- 5 Turbolaser Batteries (1 FX, 2 SX, 2 PX – 20″ range, +0 accuracy, 13 power)
- 4 Heavy Ion Cannon Batteries (2 SX, 2 PX – 10″ range, +0 accuracy, 12 power)
- 2 Tractor Beam Batteries (1 FX, 1 AX – 6″ range, +2 accuracy, strength 3)
Capacity 15 wings
Doors 3 (F,S,P)
The greatest strength of the Imperial TIE Fighter is its low production costs and compact size. Those traits allow the Empire to deploy the individually weak fighters in very large numbers to overwhelm their opponents. TIE fighters lack both shields and a hyperdrive, but are relatively fast and nimble.
TIE Fighter Wing
Target Number 13
- Laser Cannons (4″ range, +8 accuracy, 3 power)
The TIE Bomber, officially designated the TIE/sa, is designed as a counterpart to the lighter TIE fighter. While it is slower than the fighters, it is able to carry powerful concussion missiles to threaten capital ships and is slightly more durable.
TIE Bomber Wing
Target Number 12
- Laser Cannons (4″ range, +8 accuracy, 2 power)
- Concussion Missile (10″ range, +2 accuracy, 10 power, 16 ammo)
After the loss of the Death Star during the Battle of Yavin, the Imperial Navy began to deploy an improved model known as the TIE Interceptor. The improved TIEs are more agile, more durable, and pack more firepower than the TIE Fighter and have performed much better against the X-Wing fighters used by the Rebel Alliance.
TIE Interceptor Wing
Target Number 14
- Laser Cannons (4″ range, +9 accuracy, 4 power)