Here are some of the gaming-related items on my to-do list for the next year:
I’ve really enjoyed writing for both this site and the others that I contribute to over the past year, so I plan to keep that going in 2012. I’m also going to try to make a successful pitch to write an article for a gaming magazine this year.
- Publish 1-2 posts each week for this site
- Write at least 1 AGE of Terror post for Dragon Age Oracle each month
- Write a Game of the Month post for This is my Game each month
- Write a Game Night blog carnival post each month
- Compile my Gamma World posts into a single booklet pdf along with some new material
- Write an article for Dragon, Dungeon, or Kobold Quarterly
Between my weekly D&D game and game of the month group, I should manage a good amount of gaming in the next year.
- Keep having fun with my D&D campaign
- Try at least 1 new RPG each month
- Host a couple of board game nights
I started painting miniatures again last year and intend to keep painting this year. I have a backlog of minis to paint right now, so my main goal is to work my way through them.
- Paint all of the miniatures I have primed before spring (Warmachine 2-player starter box and a couple of Eldar vehicles for Warhammer 40k)
- Paint the rest of the miniatures I currently own before the end of the year (Super Dungeon Explore and a couple more Eldar vehicles)
- Start work on a Warhammer Fantasy Lizardmen army
Go to Conventions
I’ve attended PAX the last two years, so this year I’m planning to do something different. I might still go to PAX, but it would probably just be for one day rather than the full weekend.
- Go to Gen Con (it’ll be my first time there)
- Attend at least one of the other Seattle-area conventions
Work on Game Projects
I’ve been tinkering with the rules for Sword of Terra over the past year and want to finalize them by the end of the year. I’d also like to flesh out my ideas for Ninja, Pirate, Robot, Dinosaur into a playable game this year.
- Finish all rules for Sword of Terra
- Create a playable version of Ninja, Pirate, Robot, Dinosaur
One reply on “Goals for 2012”
[…] to collect all of my Gamma World pdfs into a single compilation for a while (it was in my list of goals for 2012 after all). I’ve finally managed to get the compilation pdf put together, so here it is for […]